Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Yup, BOTH Babies Are Here!


I'll go in order of delivery.


Recently, I ordered a new 17-inch high-resolution MacBook Pro and it's MY baby! This thing is awesome! The labor and delivery for it was painless and free, although the delivery took about 2.5 days. It goes to sleep when I'm ready for it to and it wakes up just as easily. It weighed 6 lbs. 9 oz. and is 17 inches diagonally. I don't have a name for it yet but I'm taking suggestions.


The other baby took about nine months on the assembly line and then delivery was about a 90-minute ordeal. I haven't been billed for the delivery yet but it definitely isn't free with this model. He weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz. and measured 20 inches tall. We named him Seth Christian Barker. Seth is not a good sleeper. He's up often. But he's been a lot of fun. One of my favorite things about having a newborn is making a baby burrito! It's what I think the little bundle looks like when you wrap him up in a blanket. I'm quite expert at wrapping babies up like that.


There will be many good times ahead. Anyway, enjoy the pictures!















 

13 comments:

Shad and Brittany said...

He is so cute! Congrats to you and your family.

Melissa said...

Congrats you guys (on both accounts)! The baby is darling! Hope Bethany is recovering well. Can't wait to see the little guy.

Cassie said...

WooHoo! What a cute little guy! Glad to hear all is well with Bethany, baby....and all the rest of the family!

Mindy said...

At least you didn't claim to list them in order of importance. :) You had me going there for awhile with the "babies" thing.

(Hey, we call it a "baby burrito," too!)

Leslie said...

You are strange, strange, man.

Carol Swift said...

You are so funny! I have to say that Seth is way, way cuter than that Mac baby. Congratulations!

Wade Family said...

Congrats on both, although I must say I am a lot more partial to the second. I am so excited to FINALLY see more pics. of this little guy...he is so (I'd say cute but I guess handsome is more appropriate)We are so happy for you all and are so glad he made it here fairly quick and healthy. Love you all!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on sweet baby Seth! My husband is an excellent baby burrito wrapper too, how funny. Congrats on your Mac baby also =).

K'neth S. said...

congratulations. give sister barker my best! and awesome computer, even if it is just a mac.

Erin said...

Congratulations! He is darling! Hope both are doing well!

Ron said...

Congrats, and Seth is a great name (for the human not the laptop)not sure how to name a computer... great pictures! Man oh man, you're a dad....(I know, you've been one for a while)

Brandon & eLissA said...

Congrats you guys!! Tell Bethany hello and congratulations! love you all!

Big Daddy said...

Name the computer kimberly. That way when you are refering to it people will think you have a second wife or a girlfriend on the side. As for Seth, congratulations. By the the time he is 3 he will be as much fun as kimberly is.