Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Moon

For Christmas last year, Bethany got me a nice telescope that I've pulled out several times to observe the moon and the stars. It's been fun to use, especially when the moon's orbital path brings it closer to earth. Tonight, on my way home from work, I noticed how big the moon was and thought it would be cool to take a look at. So when I got home, I set it up my telescope and showed the kids the moon. They loved it! I had the thought to try and take a picture or two of it through my telescope using my cell phone. I got several but these two were the best. And, since my phone can do video, I tried that too and it worked as well! So, here's what I got. Enjoy!





4 comments:

Carol Swift said...

Cool! Nice family activity, too.

Ron said...

Very cool. I remember we had a telescope too, once, in a galaxy far away. Iy's amazing how fast the moon can move out of view!

Big Daddy said...

I love looking at the moon. or any other cosmic coolness.

Mindy said...

Those pictures are amazing! My father-in-law brought his telescope out a few weeks ago and I was amazed at the detail we could see on the moon.