Monday, April 20, 2009

Olive Burgers


I remember my dad talking about olive burgers when I was a kid and it fascinated me to think you could put olives in burgers. It's a great combination! Since being on my own, I've made them several times. I made some again this weekend and thought I'd share the recipe with you in case you like olives too!


  • 1 lb. of ground beef
  • 1 can of black olives, pitted
  • chopped onion
  • seasoning salt

Be sure to drain the olives first! Then take out 4 or 5 and eat them! :) Then add the rest to the ground beef, along with the chopped onion and seasoning salt. Mash it all together well and then make your beef patties. Grill 'em like you would a regular burger. Enjoy them when their done. As a variation, you might try green olives if you're adventurous. I haven't tried it yet though so I can't tell you YEA or NAY.


The finished product!


 
 

4 comments:

Ron said...

Interesting. . . Food Network worthy. I applaud your experimenting.

Carol Swift said...

I'm glad Ron read this recipe since he does the cooking--I don't cook unless there is an emergency. Green olives would be a big NAY! Yuck!

Big Daddy said...

You assume that a person would actualy like olives.

JBarker said...

James, are you not an olive person? You need to take a trip to Sicily. You'll come back a different man!