Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Looming, Impending and Ominous Half-Marathon!

OOOHHH! Doesn't that sound dark? Well, it could be for those of us who resist exercise. But for Bethany, she's not so threatened. She's been working up to being able to run a half-marathon soon and I'm so proud of her. Last Saturday, she came home elated that she'd completed 10 miles without stopping. It was a major accomplishment. I hadn't thought much about it until she got in to double digits (i.e. 10 miles) and then I realized that she's going to do this amazing feat of physical endurance. And we're going to be at the finish line to cheer for her. It will be awesome! Good luck, Bethany!


And to the rest of you participating in the marathon, good luck to you too!


 

5 comments:

Carol Swift said...

I can't even run half a mile much less a half marathon. Ron will be at the SLC Marathon next week to ride his bike.

Ron said...

Get ready for cold weather.... 36 low temp.. Please send me your cell number, I'll call you when I thaw out after the bike tour...

cokecop@aol.com

Good luck with the run!!!

Wendy said...

Good luck Bethany!!!! :)

K'neth S. said...

WOW! tell sister Barker good luck. That is amazing . the title does sound trepadating. Good luck!!!

Melissa said...

Yeah! Way to go Bethany! I admire anyone who can run at all ... let alone a half-marathon. Good luck!