This past weekend, we hit Las Vegas to visit grandma and grandpa and decided to go to the Excalibur with the kids to play some games at the arcade downstairs. After we won a bunch of stuffed animals and prizes, we headed out of the resort. On our way out, we walked past the sportsbook and noticed that of all the games that could have been shown in the casino, the Oklahoma-BYU game was on! Oklahoma was up 10 to 7 in the second quarter and I was shocked that it wasn't looking worse for BYU at that point. Anyway, the game was on the big screen there and I'd say that about 40 people were watching it.
I checked the score later that night and read how BYU beat OU 14-13! That wasn't supposed to happen, although I'm glad it did. The spread was set at 21.5 points and the over/under was at 66 points. And while I feel bad for Oklahoma who was ranked 3rd and seeing them lose to 20th ranked BYU, the funny part of this was realizing that the people watching the game who had placed a bet on that game had probably bet on Oklahoma to win... BUT THEY ALL LOST THEIR MONEY! Ha ha ha ha! That's awesome!
3 comments:
It was a great game, they should have won, they out-played Okla but were hurt by penalties!!
You were in LV? We weren't. We would have stepped out to the front yard of our house in Washington to wave at you if we'd known you were driving by. Is Crystal settled in UT yet?
Carol - Crystal and her family are staying with us. It's been a lot of fun!
Post a Comment