So I kept a paper that had this funny story on it and came across it while looking for something over the weekend. It made me laugh again! Enjoy!
The Mommy Test
I was out walking with my 4-year-old daughter. She picked up something off the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that."Why?" my daughter asked.
"Because it's been laying outside. You don't know where it's been. It's dirty and probably had germs." I replied.
At this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, "Wow! How do you know all this stuff?"
"Uh," I was thinking quickly, "All moms know this stuff. It's on the Mommy Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mommy."
We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information.
"Oh... I get it!" she beamed. "So if you don't pass the test, you have to be a daddy."
"Exactly." I replied back with a big smile on my face and joy in my heart.
Funny, huh! And I'm sure some of us guys even decided to just opt out of taking the test.
7 comments:
That is really funny. And she is only four. Wow, Krislyn isn't that witty.
Ha ha! I like it.
Sexist pig!
I've got that same story in my files at home too. It's one of my favorite! I think Kenny and I used it the last time we taught the marriage class in Sunday school.
That is awesome! Definately printer worthy, I can't wait to have Ryan read it. Loved your response to my last comment...you are so right, we can't afford much of anything these days. How is it that your the one sleeping on the couch? Some how it's always me in our family. Maybe, I need lessons from Beth. (Maybe we can do the but now pay later?) :)
I love that my kids think I know everything. I wonder how long that lasts? I'm sure in the teenage years the roles are reversed in their minds and they think they know everything and I will be clueless. I guess I better enjoy it while it lasts!
Notice that urban legend was written by a woman! ;)
Post a Comment