W00t! Bethany and I recently went to the Rascal Flatts concert in Salt Lake City and it was possibly the best concert I've been to! I don't listen to much country music. There was a time in high school that it started to grow on me, like moss. But I left much of it behind after my mission and it's rare that I purchase country music. So, with that said, I bought tickets to the Rascal Flatts concert for Bethany's birthday. It happened in a mysterious way when I received an email from the Rascal Flatts website alerting me of their approaching concert. (I wonder if Bethany somehow arranged that...?) After seeing the concert date, a few wheels and cogs started turning. There was a note in the email indicating that VIP members got better seats at discounted prices so I looked into becoming a VIP member of the band (which I wasn't too anxious to admit at the time) and ended up joining the club. I bought VIP tickets without knowing exactly where they'd be but it turned out that they were on the floor! What luck!
At the concert, the opening singer turned out to be Jessica Simpson. I've only seen her on the skin care ads and I'm somewhat aware of the controversy that surrounds her singing career but I couldn't have said that I had heard one of her songs. And after the concert, I honestly wished I could have said that still. She was ditzy and came across as a stoned flower child. The only applause she received was when she asked for it, directly.
A few minutes after she left the stage, the arena darkened and the real entertainment began. We had a blast! They sang well and we cheered loudly and everyone had a great time. They went through a lot of songs I knew and that surprised me. The end of the show included a ton of confetti and a bunch of oversized balloons that everyone punched around.
I've been to several other concerts, including Sting, Josh Groban, C+C Music Factory and Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. I'd probably put Sting and Josh Groban tied at a very VERY close second. C+C Music Factory was pretty good and Tim McGraw was excellent but Faith Hill was not.





6 comments:
thats cool. i have never actually been to a live concert before. Tell sister barker happy birthday!!! that is cool though!
What a good husband you are!
I told Beth but I am so jealous. Glad you converted to a Rascal Flatts fan. Way to go with the birthday planning....do you teach classes?
Sara (Wade Family) - I've briefly thought about the idea of teaching classes. However, to be quite frank, you couldn't afford me! Ha, ha!!!
It's not because I think my advice is really worth that much but rather, the amount I would have to charge to cover my malpractice insurance would be insane. It costs more than what doctors pay. Additionally, what I do for Bethany is still "hit or miss" even after 11 years of marriage. For example, one night not too long ago, it was miss after miss. I ended up performing a nocturnal comfortability test in conjunction with our couch.
Rascal who? Just kidding. Looked like you guys enjoyed (most) it. I've lost track of my concernt experiences, those who stand out baaaad include Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails & KISS. Best one has been the Eagles...
Your a good husband. (hope you don't mind my blog-stalking)
Ron, your comments are welcome here! That's good to hear about the Eagles. I wouldn't mind seeing them in concert. They are coming in to Salt Lake City in May.
Post a Comment