This weekend, Isaac competed in the Utah State Championships for Tae Kwon Do. He did really well! As you can see from the picture, he was awarded 1st place for sparring. Also featured in this picture is his little brother who is ever supportive of Isaac and loves tae kwon do, too.
There were two events we decided to sign Isaac up for this time around: forms and sparring. We figured he'd shine with his forms because he constantly practices. Sometimes, I've been worried about getting kicked by Isaac because he just spastically starts his forms. Imagine spotting Ralph Macchio (Daniel LaRusso - Karate Kid) on the street somewhere and as you approach him to say, "Hi", he goes into his crane technique. That's Isaac. While he's super friendly, just sporadically doing his forms as you're walking near him really conveys an anti-social feeling, if you know what I mean. Sometimes I wonder if I should just turn around and walk away or engage him in hand-to-hand combat. Anyway, I digress.
Isaac competed in demonstrating his forms and, at first, it looked like he was going to place first. However, the officials lumped a few black belts into his red belt group and they ended up in first and second places. He was a bit disappointed but he had fun and that was more important.
For sparring, he was much less enthused about it. For two hours before his turn to spar, he begged and pleaded to not spar. But in the end, his turn came and my brave little boy walked out onto the mat and did it. I'm proud he did! It turned out to be a great experience for him and I learned a lot from it.
Good job, Ike!
5 comments:
Way to go Issac!!! That is super cool! Tell him good job for me!
That's great! For my own safety, I'll avoid ever meeting Isaac on the street. I can see the Barker in them, especially the one on the right. Cute kids!
So awesome! He has always been so wonderful. I sure love him! Way to go Ike! Congratulations and we love you!
Good job Isaac! That's Awesome!
Sounds like he is doing great. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment