Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pom-Poms and a Super Soaker!

Important elements in being a responsible father.



Last night, Bethany showed me a TV commercial promoting fatherhood. It was of a father with his daughter "rehearsing cheerleading routines with his daughter." It was so funny! The commercial was created by the National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse (fatherhood.org). In visiting their website, I found a second movie (equally funny) about a dad and his son who were "engaged in a serious 'super soaker' battle." Links to the movies are here (cheerleading) and here (battle).


Fatherhood is one of the greatest things about my life. The births of my children account for four of the best days of my life. True, it's not always fun and games and regularly requires hard work and dicipline but when Johnny yells, "I love you!" as I'm walking out the door to work or when Sabrina makes her "Oh no!" dramatic face at me, it pays off! These commercials are great reminders of how great being a father is. In fact, I like them so much that I think I want my own set of pom-poms and a super soaker for Christmas!



7 comments:

Bethany said...

Good to know. I've been wondering what to get you for Christmas.....:)

Cassie said...

I've seen both of those commercials. They are too funny, but what makes me laugh even harder is picturing Kenny doing those things with our kids...he would be a HORRIBLE cheerleader, but the super-soaker battles are always epic!

JBarker said...

Tonight, I came home and pulled out one of the two light sabers and I went at it with Isaac, who had the other one. Johnny joined in with his marshmallow gun. I think I won but if you ask them, they would probably say they were victorious.

Crystal Erickson said...

The Super Soaker one reminds me of Jer. ha.ha- Thanks for the birthday call. Sorry we missed you. Thanks for sharing the clips too! They are tooo funny, and I had never seen them before. Love ya!

Big Daddy said...

Being a Dad is probably one of the most rewarding experiences in life, at least with young kids. They are able to love without holding back. Adults and even teenagers carry baggage and hold back a portion of it. Not to mention that one day they get bigger and stronger and you can't win the super-soaker fight any more.

K'neth S. said...

i've never had a supersoaker fight, My dad doesn't like being wet.

JBarker said...

K'neth S. - You should try it! Have your dad hold the pom poms (I think PINK is more his speed!) and then chase him with the super soaker. Let me know so I can come over to take pictures... for posterity. :)