Monday, March 14, 2011

Who's Wofford?

Exactly! I haven't heard of this school before but their going to the big dance this coming week to be BYU's dancin' partner for the second round of the NCAA basketball tournament. I'm super excited about it this year. I've listened to a number of BYU's basketball games on the radio and it's been thrilling to hear Greg Wrubell light up when he mentions Jimmer Fredette's name as he announces the games. Also, the highlights reels on the 10 PM news to recap the games have been so much fun to see.


So on Selection Sunday, BYU was given a #3 seed and matched up against #14 seed Wofford College from South Carolina. I found their website, wofford.edu and hit their link to read more information about their NCAA tournament game against BYU. They have a video of their team finding out where they were seeded in the tournament and then they interviewed some of the players to get their reactions. While I'm 100% behind BYU, I must say that their coach and the players showed some class during their remarks. I'm sharing the video with you because I thought their class was refreshing.


I'm planning to complete a bracket for the NCAA tournament and I'll probably post a version of it here later this week so you can compare your own with mine.



1 comment:

Ron said...

yup, no trash-talking, a refreshing change.