Friday, June 4, 2010

The Truest Form Of Nerd/Apple Fanboy



I've been a huge proponent of Macs and most everything else made by Apple Computers. Those of you who know me have probably never met anyone with more enthusiasm and zeal for hardware with a particular apple logo on it. I attended Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference back in 2008 on Apple's dime because of a scholarship they awarded me for some code I submitted to them. Also, I have an app in the App Store (GoalMan: www.goalman4iphone.com) that has done well. I'm also about to release my second app. I have several devices from Apple. And sometimes when I hear people dis Apple, I usually get involved in the conversation.


In short, my name is Jason Barker and I'm an Apple Fanboy.


From the audience: Hello, Jason.


So why am I taking the time to point this out. Well, I did something yesterday that made me laugh at myself. Last night, I came across a slew of videos from a recent technology conference called D8. And there were about 10-12 videos that really seemed of interest to me because Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computers, was interviewed by Walt Mossberg who has a famous tech column in the Wall Street Journal. You can find the videos here: D8: Steve Jobs. He is truly salt-of-the-earth material and these videos show that side of him. But the crazy part about it all is this: when I had finished watching the videos, it was after 3:00 in the morning! ...and I even watched a few of them again tonight. :)



4 comments:

Crystal Erickson said...

O.K. so apparently it has been a while since I read because I have just laughed at the last 5 posts that I missed reading over the last little bit. Thanks for the laughs and photos, we miss you all so much. Make some time and come on out and see us :) We love you! Oh yah- good luck on the sprinklers, and congrats again on the ipad! Sorry we missed you the other night. Love ya!

Carol Swift said...

I've never known anyone who was an Apple Fanboy, so this is pretty exciting for me. I'm having all sorts of visions of you in a cape and an apple on your shirt.

JBarker said...

Carol, if you only knew...

Bethany said...

So sad.........