Monday, June 14, 2010

Carrots: What a Way To Ruin An Appetite!


There. I finally said it.


I am starting to loathe the stupid little baby carrots that come in these little (or family sized) bags. They aren't real carrots. They are imitation carrots, like krab with a "k" only they're karrots with a "k". The more of them I attempt to eat, the more I feel like they are miserable excuses for the real deal. And just what is the real deal for me? Well, I prefer carrots that are somewhat sweet and not dry or rubbery. The same-size cylinder-shaped carrots in bags are rubbery and usually not sweet. And they start to dry out within a matter of days. I'll bet if Adam or Eve had a bite of one of these lousy processed carrots, they'd hurl.


We have planted carrots in our garden (which haven't started to come out of the ground yet—it's something of a concern) and if these aren't sweet, I'm swearing off raw carrots for good.


Yeah, you probably detected that I'm a little anti-vegetable today. It's happening more and more lately....


6 comments:

Ron said...

I think they are "real".... Eat yer veggies (carrots)and improve your eyesight.

Carol Swift said...

I hate peeling carrots, so I like those little karrots. I hope your carrots come up soon!

Bethany said...

I read this post earlier today.....hence the karrots for dinner tonight. :)

Crystal Erickson said...

Karrots...Ahhh I feel for the little guys in your fridge. What a sad life...destined to dry up and decompose in a landfill not so far away...shame ;)

Sherrie Barker said...

I remember Grandma saying, "You'd Better Eat Your Carrots! They are good for you. And, if you eat them, you can see all the way to Grandma's house!" (HA! HA!)

Crystal Erickson said...

Since you are hardly ever home and I am sure that if you are there they would like to see you I will post Happy Fathers Day! I love you! Thanks for all you have done for us this last year! And for all our lives! You are awesome!
Love ya!