Today at work, in my inbox, I got an email from my company asking for some information about me for a game we are going to play at a later date. The list of questions made me think of my blog so I'm putting them up here along with my responses. If you're reading this blog post, consider yourself tagged. Feel free to put your answers in your comment to this posting or, if you decide to put your answers on your own blog, post a comment here so I can go look at them. Thanks!
- What is your favorite movie?The Count of Monte Cristo
- What is your pet(s) name, if you have any?not applicable
- Have you ever met a famous person? If so, who?Shaquille O'Neal
- Where were you born?In a hospital in Salt Lake City
- Do you have any phobias?None
- What was the first car you ever owned?Volkswagen Golf
- Who is/was your favorite cartoon character or superhero?Batman used to be my favorite superhero.
- Do you have any hidden talents or hobbies?Yes. I used to play volleyball and build model airplanes and jets.
- What do you like to collect?I used to collect hood emblems LEGALLY!
- How many siblings do you have?Three
- What was the first concert you ever attended?C + C Music Factory
8 comments:
Sorry babe, the first car you ever owned was the Altima. The Volkswagon was all mine!!! :)
Whatever! Do your OWN list. :)
Correction: My first car was a Nissan Altima. It was possibly the longest running car I've ever had. We put almost 300,000 miles on it. We called it our tithing car because as we continued to pay tithing (which was never a question as to whether we would or not), it kept running. I'm sure Bethany would also like me to point out that it was her idea that we get it. It was a good idea too. We had it for the first part of our marriage and were able to fit three car seats in the back seat for some time before we succumbed to the urge to purchase a mini van.
I did my list on my blog. Interesting that you collected hood ornaments LEGALLY--I didn't know that was possible! :O)
About the hood ornaments, before my mission, I worked at a Lincoln/Mercury dealership that had a service center in the back and a body shop off to the side. I worked in the service center, first as a shop porter and then as an apprentice to one of the transmission mechanics. Every so often, I'd go down to the body shop and see what had been brought in. If there was a vehicle with some damage to the hood or the front end, they would usually let me have the hood emblem. Also, sometimes I would go to the parts department and see if they could order an emblem for a car from a different dealership. Among my collection is an emblem for a Dodge Viper, a Porche 911, and a Mercury Cougar. I never lifted one from a vehicle without getting permission first. That's how I legally collected hood emblems.
Cool, but are they sitting in a box in the garage?
Tagged!? Okay, see below for mine:
http://soswift2.blogspot.com/
PS I used to "legally" collect hotel room keys
Tagged!? Okay, see below for mine:
http://soswift2.blogspot.com/
PS I used to "legally" collect hotel room keys. Interesting what we find out about people.
I filled out my tag on my blog :) Thanks for the info. I remember the hood ornament thing with you. Ahh the good old days at the dealership. It really was good fun:) I wonder if John Palm is running that place yet?
Post a Comment