Monday, August 24, 2009

Yay Death!

If you ever want to feel like a man at 7:53 in the morning, there's only one thing you can do. It requires superior hand/eye coordination, liquid death in a can, and a wasp's nest.


This morning, I sent a nest of wasps to the spirit world in about 5 seconds. It was so satisfying!


I have been planning my attack since last week when I decided to replace a few burned out light bulbs in our coach lights that flank our garage door. I noticed that one of the light fixtures had a nest on it so I couldn't replace the bulb until I got rid of it. I figured I'd wait until early one morning to catch them when they were all there. This morning was the perfect morning! I walked out to it, keeping the specified 10 feet between where I would hold the can and the target. I sprayed the grass a bit to see just how well it sprayed. Then, I aimed at the light fixture and let loose a stream of poison that took them all by surprise! Not a one escaped. Ha ha! In fact, not one resisted. I emptied most of the can to ensure the work of death wasn't lacking.


By now, you may have come to a couple conclusions, one of which could be wrong. You could be thinking that I would define being a man as goin' around killin' things. That would be inaccurate. Part of being a man is being able to provide a certain level of pest control at 7:53 in the morning. That's accurate.


As for the other conclusion, you're right on!



8 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, you should right a book. Your very descriptive on the whole situation and that's awesome that you killed them all. Go Jay! :)

Cassie said...

There have been so many wasps around this year...Kenny had to dispose of some for us too. Darn things made a nest up in our siding!
What would all us girls do without you guys to rid our world of wasps??? Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Carol Swift said...

I think you deserve a medal for protecting your family from the horrible wasps. On the other hand, a whole can of pesticide might not be safe for your family's environment. If people start showing up in head-to-toe white covering.....

Mindy said...

We had two wasps nest and a hornets nest this year. I think Brett enjoyed demolishing them as much as you did!

K'neth S. said...

They discovered a planet called WASP16. it is on a collison course to run right into it's sun. It will be dead in 1 million years. it seems even the comos even hate a wasp

Ron said...

Good job. But you missed out on the smell of napalm in the early morning... love the stalking and practice burst.

Big Daddy said...

Oh my lands! Now a real man would walk out in broad daylight, anounce his challnge and then cut each wasp in half with his pocket knife. If wasps have blood he would then drink it. Knowing how manly I am no wasps have made our home theirs this year. just remember, it is all in the reflexes.

JBarker said...

Big Daddy, I think you left out a few details about that kind of real man. Like the detail that he lives in a trailer park. And then, of course, the other detail that he "announces his challenge" after downing his first six pack of beer for the day.