What the heck!?! Did you see last night's show? What was up with the cheeseburger eatin' balerina boy with the mystic makeup job? His 100-pound wife lifted him (240 pounds) over her back! Mixing that with ballet is not talent; that's called weight lifting and there are people who can lift much more than that.
The guy who claimed to do impressions was completely laughable. The judges said it right when they said he was only doing impressions of himself. He went down in flames! I felt bad for him because he had to endure the jeers from the audience. But whoever told him he was really good must have been smoking something or paid to do so as part of a practical joke.
There was also a guy on the show whose crush for someone from Baywatch was highly promoted before he sang. Bethany and I thought they were talking about a lifeguard (Pamela Anderson) from the show. But, when the dude began to sing, he was singing about David Hasselhoff! Yuck!!! What a dud! It was kind of funny to see one man professing his love for another man through song. David enjoyed the song but felt badly it was coming from a man.
And then there was "Mr. and Mrs. Lovechild" in their shimmering silver costumes being a PDA on a suspended metal hula hoop! That's not talent! That's a prelude to a porno. And they were voted through! I can't believe Piers Morgan voted them through because Sharon asked him to.
The redeeming act of the night was that with the three children at the very end who sang "God Bless America". It was amazing. It's true that their story certainly attached the audience to them emotionally but their voices were beautiful as they harmonized the anthem.
It's going to be an interesting season this summer.

4 comments:
I've never watched this show all the way through. Maybe I don't want to after reading what you've written! Pretty nervy of the guy to sing to David H. the macho man.
I haven't ever watched that show. It kinda sounds a little strange. Kinda like american idol.
Thanks for the re-cap, Siskel. No, wait, he's the dead guy and only critiqued movies. I have watched it before, missed last night, sounds like I didn't miss much. Yup, America's got talent.
Hey! This is my favorite summer show of all time! It is VERY entertaining. One minute you are laughing your head off because you can't believe people would actually do these crazy things, and the next, you are crying because there really is amazing talent and touching stories about some of these contestants. Admit it Jason, you like watching it with me! :)
Post a Comment