Friday, February 13, 2009

Privacy

"You've got no privacy when you've got kids. I know now why my daddy locked the bathroom door. He wasn't embarrassed about anything. That was just the only time he got to be alone. And even then you're not alone. Did anybody ever get this, that little hand underneath the door... or that little eyeball...

Son: "Hey, what you doin' Dad? Hey Dad, WHAT YOU DOIN'!?!"

Dad: "I'M BUILDING A ROCKET, SON! NOW GET THE HECK OUTTA HERE!!!"

Son: "WELL, I WANNA SEE THE ROCKET!"

Dad: "NO!!!!"

Quote from Bill Engvall


As I recall, the first CD I purchased after my mission was "Here's Your Sign" by Bill Engvall. It had two tracks on it, one with the song "Here's Your Sign" and it also had a comedy track entitled "Things Have Changed" from which I obtained the above quote. (If you think that's funny, stop by my place when you've got 5 minutes and I'll play the rest for you.)


Anyway, as of late, I've noticed that my younger kids seem to need my attention when I'm occupying the bathroom. There are little hands under the door, incessant knocking and cards and pictures that get passed under it. I can even tell when they lay down by the door so they can get their mouth as close to the space between the door and the floor, hoping that I can hear them better when they yell! For them, it's not enough to wait the few minutes until I can open the door. Honestly, it's cute. But I hope their kids do it to them!



4 comments:

Big Daddy said...

I find it best to just leave the door open. That way at least the smell chases most of them off.

K'neth S. said...

It's true, i never go near the bathroom when dad is in it. You need a gas mask, and a space suit to get near.

JBarker said...

This morning Sabrina slipped a "used" valentine card under the bathroom door. (It was to Isaac from one of his friends.)

Cassie said...

It must be a "dad" thing, cause our kids do the same thing to Kenny, but they don't ever do it to me unless they are in dire need of something. Kid's always need Dads' attention because he is a new commodity since he's been at work all day. Mom, on the other hand, has been at home with them all day long.In their minds they're thinking, been there, done that!