Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I'd need to write some poetry at a New Year's party but thanks to the Stocks, it happened. This past weekend we played a game where we drew two words from a paper sack and had to write a poem that used them. It turned out to be so much fun (that late at night) that most of us opted for a second round of it. We were paired up as couples so Bethany and I worked with the words roses and lawn mower. In an attempt to think a little differently about the game, I convinced Bethany to help me do a Haiku... only I didn't remember all of the details about a Haiku so ours turned out to have two extra lines, one on top and the other on the bottom. Anyways, we came up with:
Lawn Mower
Whipping blades of steel
Chop chop chop chop chop chop chop
Pretty red roses
Demolished
We all got a good laugh from everyone's poems. They were funny.
The second poem is titled A Moment at the Glass and we had to use the words passion and window cleaner. It came out like this:
With passion at the window you pause
and hold a pose but within your claws
is a towel and Pine Sol
and some window cleaner
You scrub and rub 'til there are no flaws.
I was going for a Limerick but I didn't have enough time to get past the rough draft and so that one was rather lame. It's a good thing we stopped after two.
Anyway, I hope you have a happy new year! And if you want to share your poem(s) from the other night or make up one, feel free to share!
4 comments:
The Andersons have my signed copy of our poem since it was about them. That was a ton of fun! What a great night!
I loved the Haiku. It was one of my favorites. Good Times!!
Brittany
Pleeeeease don't ask Kenny to write any poetry. It's the one thing that I've found he is not gifted at. (I'll let Kenny tell you that story!)
That was some fun poetry. I'm not so gifted but hey what do you expect form a red neck like me. Love your picture on www.bigdaddystock.blogspot.com!
Post a Comment