Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Eagle Mountain's Proposed Aquatic Center


I have to tell you that I was rather excited for this proposed aquatic center. Between the zero-entry pool and the lazy river, I think my kids would have a ton of fun at it. This past summer we went to the one in Payson and the kids loved it. I would love the lap pool because I wouldn't jar my back like running does.


With that said, I am somewhat concerned about it. From the information about it, it is supposed to be very similar in scale and design with the one in Payson. The one in Payson does not have a covering over the pools so I don't see how this facility could be used in the winter time. And if it's not open during the cold months of the year, I question whether or not it can bring in enough revenue to keep it profitable. Thoughts?


There is more information about the proposed aquatic center at: www.eaglemountaincity.org The actual information pamphlet mailed out is at: Voter information pamphlet – Proposed Aquatic Center



3 comments:

Ron said...

maybe the pools become skating rinks in the winter, fish farms in between seasons?? But, water parks are great fun. We enjoyed Wet and Wild in Vegas, and the water park in Lagoon.

Crystal Erickson said...

The one in Payson is awesome!!!! We go as often as we can!! Love it:) I agree I wish it was an inside pool- We would go all winter too!

Carol Swift said...

They took away our Wet-N-Wild so why should you have fun if we can't! :O) Looks like a fun place to spend time with the family.