So much has happened lately but I just have not posted anything about it so here is my massive update.
The Candy-gram
The Young Women in the ward put together a wonderful candy-gram for us a few months ago. It was a pleasant surprise when we walked into the bishop's office and found this giant poster on the bishop's desk with an assortment of chocolate and sugary treats glued to it! I admit this is not the first time the young women in the ward have done something random and kind for me. A month or so before that, there were colorful papers taped to my front door with kind notes of gratitude. Attending class with the young women in our ward is one of the best parts of my calling! Especially fast Sundays when they share their testimonies the last part of class. It's so much fun to hear them. I've even taken a few minutes to share with them my own personal testimony of the gospel. I really look up to them. They are some of the greatest role models I know of. I hope to continue to work with them for a very long time.
My New iPad — SWEET!!!


A few weeks ago, Apple released the 3G version of the iPad. I'd been waiting for this for a while and persuaded my sweet wife to let me get one. It was one of the most awesome moments of my life (at least during 2010) when she gave me the green light to go ahead and get one! WAHOO!! (Yes, I know—I'm totally an Apple fanboy.) And so when April 30, rolled around, I got off work early and feverishly but safely drove the family to the nearest Apple Store for this purchase. I have pictures of where I started at the end of the line, a picture of my boys who waited in line with me (thanks Isaac and Johnny for waiting!), and also a picture of what it looked like with only mere seconds between me and my new iPad as I waited at the front of the line to get into the store. I'm still working on the actual iPad blog post so I will refrain from much more detail. But let me leave you with this...HOLYCRAPIT'SFRIGGIN'AWESOME!
Birthdays

We celebrated some birthdays in the month of April with Bethany's family by going to the Mandarin restaurant in Centerville. The food is absolutely good and It's so much fun to go. We also went back in December with some friends for my birthday and it was a blast too. I usually try something new but the last few times I've had a mediterranean veal dish that's pretty interesting. This time however, I went for the honey walnut shrimp. But even better than the food was the company. I've got a few photos of Aunt Megan and Uncle Bridger with Seth. In one of the pics, Megan is teaching Seth how to use chopsticks. He never caught on to the idea that you use two sticks simultaneously. He preferred to hold one and wave it around. He's a good baby (except for around 2:50 AM) and loves to smile for people so that they will smile back. It's really cute. And he's super ticklish under his chin and arms. I'll have to record his laugh sometime so you can hear it. It's contagious.
More Family Time
On the Saturday before Mothers Day, we decided to take mom out for a fun time with the Barker crew. We went to lunch and had pizza and bowled and played video games at Fat Cats Bethany wasn't really up for video games and arcade games so she held on to the kids' tickets (her usual role) while they racked 'em up. It was a fun afternoon. Then we took her to her favorite restaurant for dinner. She loves Texas Roadhouse, specifically their roles and the sirloin tips in gravy with mashed potatoes. The kids were pretty jazzed about eating there. They liked eating the peanuts and throwing the peanut shells on the floor. If you're not familiar with that, it is considered acceptable to toss your peanut shells on the floor and the kids love it because they can make a mess and don't have to clean this one up. Ha ha! Anyway, they had fun. We played a round of miniature golf as you can see from the picture above. They've got a lot of personality, especially the one with her tongue sticking out. She's a hoot! We finished up the day's activities at the dollar theater watching The Tooth Fairy with Dwayne The Rock Johnson. Bethany has wanted to take the kids to it for a while and it was quite funny. There is nothing like seeing a former WWF wrestler in baby blue tights and a tutu flitting about the big screen. It's definitely worth watching at the cheapest price possible. :)
3 comments:
Looks like a nice "mum's day"... FYI, I suppose you know your most recent posts lack our ability to add our comments?? (I know, you probably did this on purpose.)
Sorry, Ron. What I actually did was just create some subheadings for the various topics but they are all part of the same blog post. Maybe I'll break them up next time to avoid the confusion.
Ron says, "Whoops" and that he isn't "blog savvy."
Are you THE bishop or a counselor? I can't imagine you as either--not because you aren't amazing, worthy, blah, blah, blah, but because I don't picture you being old enough to be one. LOL!
I love the Mandarin restaurant! I haven't been there in years and now I'm craving it. Way to go Barkermeister!
I've heard mixed reviews on the iPad, but I would love one. I have a Kindle and use it to read almost everyday. I can't wait to see your blog on it so I can decide whether to get one or not.
I must be hungry--I love the sirloin tips from Roadhouse, too!
Post a Comment