Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Perfectly-Timed Joke

Yesterday was a really long day at work. Mentally, I was exhausted. For two days, I've been trying to track down the cause of a runtime error related to the strength of an encryption key which was limited by an updated local policy file. I was glad to head home. I traipsed in through the door and walked right into a trap. Belle was waiting for me just around the corner of the wall. She jumped out at the right time and successfully startled me. That NEVER happens. My stunned look quickly turned to a smile. I now have a little practical jokester. She's gonna get it. Actually, I have three and a fourth one in training but yesterday, Belle earned her certificate. It put me in a good mood.



But wait. It gets better. Dinner was ready and on the table and I sat down with the family and ate. After most everyone had finished and left the table, Johnny, who was having seconds, shared a new joke. It was completely unexpected. His library of jokes has consisted of only three which he's worn out over the last year. They are:

  1. The repetitive knock-knock joke involving a series of bananas and an orange.
  2. How do you fix an angry ape? With a monkey wrench.
  3. Knock-knock. Who's there? Shelby. Shelby who? She'll be coming 'round the mountain when she comes...


Anyway, his fourth joke is:


Why did Superman go to the supermarket?

Answer:



It's only mildly funny now but yesterday it hit the spot! Kids make life so much more fun. Thanks Johnny!



9 comments:

Shad and Brittany said...

Maybe you should introduce him to Laffy Taffy

K'neth S. said...

yeah, laffy taffy is where i get all my jokes. anyways, you should go to my blog and see the video where i scare my mom, it is the best! it is so fun to scare people, good for Belle

JBarker said...

The Laffy Taffy idea requires proficiency in reading, which John is a little too young to possess now. (Do you see where I'm going with this?) So... maybe I could eat the Laffy Taffy and just give him my wrappers!

Besides, he doesn't need the sugar.

Melissa said...

Ha ha! They both did pretty good! I'll have to compliment Belle and Johnny next time I see them.

I gave my nephew a book of 1001 jokes one year for his birthday when he was about 7 or 8. It about drove my sister nuts! Ha ha! Of course, that was after my sister gave my kids an annoying loud noisy toy that would not shut off - EVER! Maybe I'll see if I can find one of those joke books for Johnny once he learns to read ...

Carol Swift said...

Kids are so entertaining. You, on the other hand, almost lost me on your first sentence of blah, blah, blah computer jargon! :O) But, you redeemed yourself by sharing the jokes and doing that cool thing with the answer! You are so clever! I need a lesson on how to do that.

Big Daddy said...

That boy is something else. You best keep an eye on that one. It sounds like the home teachers need to get him some new material.

Cassie said...

Rylen's favorite joke is:
Why did the turtle cross the playground?
To get to the other slide!
Then he just tries any variation to that joke that his mind can come up with!

Ron said...

Gotta love kids as they grow and progress into "little adults." Yea, bummer when the strength of my encryption key which was limited by an updated local policy file since it has a direct effect on the coeffient of friction on the hard drive.

Mindy said...

Funny! When I first read that I thought it was Bethany who jumped out at you. (Maybe because Brett's always trying to scare me. He gets annoyed because I don't scream... just jump. I should try giving him a better reaction and then he might finally quit it.)