Monday, February 16, 2009

In the Kitchen...

I enjoy my time in the kitchen whether it's eating or cooking, though not so much for time spent cleaning up. But for Valentine's Day, I decided to cook (and clean up) a meal for just Bethany and me. The menu went like this:


Beet Salad
    a mix of greens, endive and radicchio
    beets
    dried cherries
    avocado (sliced)
    small morsels of Brie cheese rolled in chopped walnuts
    lite Balsamic vinaigrette dressing


Asparagus with cheese sauce


Oven Roasted Potatoes
    red russet potatoes
    thyme
    oregano
    dill weed
    basil
    marjoram
    garlic (minced)
    salt
    oil


Top Round Steak (marinated 7 hours in Lawry's Caribbean Jerk marinade)
    initially rubbed with black pepper and seasoning salt


Diet Coke


It was so good that Bethany said I could cook for her every Saturday. While I definitely enjoy cooking, I didn't see that coming.



7 comments:

Bethany said...

It was fabulous! Thank you for a great Valentine's Day. I love you!

Melissa said...

Wow! I am impressed. Sounds like we need to have a "dinner party" courtesy of Chef Jason. I'll bring the Diet Coke. :) Bethany picked a good one!

Mindy said...

Wow! That looks amazing... and that's really saying something since I'm sick and it still looks fabulous.

Carol Swift said...

You are amazing! I didn't know you'd grow up to be such a wonderful cook--I'm so impressed. Everything sounds wonderful, except for the beets. The Diet Coke would be my choice of drink, too.

Ron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ron said...

Hi Jason. Found your blog thru my sweetheart's blog (she's a blog stalker). Your dinner sounds good, but becareful, you'll set a precedent your sweetheart will expect often. Trust me, it's worth it, I enjoy cooking too.
It's great to see you guys all grown-up with your own, adult lives. (soswift2.blogspot)

Cassie said...

Looks delicious. What a treat for Bethany! I love it when Kenny makes dinner for us...he's a much better cook than I am!